Wednesday, February 4, 2009

McNasty

I told Matt about a week ago that my excitement for MU's awesome start is tempered a little bit. Why? Because I know damn well Dom James could go 3-16 and shoot MU out of round 1 of the tourney. I've seen it before.

That said, I can't say enough about Jerel McNeal. Guy is ridiculous. You see his line last night? 26 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, 4 blocks, 5 steals. Pffff, that's D-Wade stuff. Granted, it was against DePoop, but he's had a few of those games lately. I know that big lummox from Notre Dame leads the Big East in scoring and rebounding, but McNeal should be conference POY. He and Matthews have really elevated their games.

They've somehow managed to miss UConn, Louisville, Syracuse, and Pitt in the schedule (that will happen when your conference has 28 teams) - but they can certainly hang with anyone. The UConn game could get ugly.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Seth McClung is not happy his nicknamed was poached.

Anonymous said...

Big Red is doing a dorm storm looking for McNeal