Monday, November 12, 2007

Need a Quality Stone at a Nice Price? See Matt LaPorta

Frankly, I'm not sure what to make of this story about Matt LaPorta.

Apparently, he's starting a wholesale diamond business in Florida with his buddy (and Cubs prospect) Brian Leclerc. Leclerc's dad is also in the diamond business. Here's my favorite quote from the story:

"I've always talked with his dad about it. I was curious so I asked about it. I feel like I'm a good people person. And I want to help people get a good deal on quality stones."

He already sounds like a salesman. Now why don't we worry about making sure we know how to play left field by, say, March?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from is style of speech there he sounds like he'd make a good agent.

Anonymous said...

Matt LaPorta - helping the newly engaged everywhere...