Friday, September 7, 2007

Scouts Take: NFC North

I love reading quotes from scouts, especially when they don't reveal the source...they tell it like it is. The JS interviewed NFL scouts to breakdown the NFC North. Some highlights:

Regarding Rexy Grossman: "I don't think he's ever going to be a great quarterback. He would scare the (expletive) out of me." That's got to be encouraging, Bears fans.

Sharper will now be know as simply "The former Packer." "The only two proven guys in the secondary are (Antoine) Winfield and the former Packer (Darren Sharper)."

And finally, my favorite. The "just a guy" assessment. "I'm really not sold on Kitna. I think he's just a guy." That's almost as good as "He throws helicopters" as someone described Marquis Tuiasosopo before the draft a few years back.

Good stuff. Entire article.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goldy is just a guy over there at third base.

Anonymous said...

With a range of about 1-foot on either side of me.

Anonymous said...

With a range of about 1-foot on either side of me.

Anonymous said...

With a range of about 1-foot on either side of me.

Anonymous said...

Goldy, why are you talking like Rain Man?