Saturday, May 5, 2007

"Jenks" No More

Not sure why I wasn't aware of this, but it seems that Jenks has himself a nickname. Even better, he gave it to himself (sort of). As you know, nicknaming oneself isn't always easy to pull off (see: George Costanza and "T-Bone").

His nickname? "the Glue".

As told by Luke Winn of SI.com, in 2003, Jenks told Rickie and Prince the following during Spring Training, as the two future stars were headed down to AA:

"I'm going to be the glue that holds things together. I'll be here, waiting for you guys to come up."

Naturally, now Prince and Rickie call Jenks The Glue. That's outstanding. I'm done calling him Jenks - it's The Glue from now on. I suggest you all do the same. I'll start:

The Glue did not play last night as the Brewers pounded the Pirates 10-0.

I like it.

1 comment:

woziszeus said...

Excellent post...Jenkins will now be referred to in my circle of friends as "the glue"