Tear down that silly Wild Card pennant, here comes the big boy - the real deal. It's gonna happen. The Brewers WILL win the NL Central this year, and here's 5 reasons why.
1) The NL Central itself. Not exactly breaking news here, but this division is very, very winnable. St Louis? Come on, that team defines "smoke and mirrors." The Cubs can't seem to get out of their own way and everybody else is generally crappy.
2) I forgot what #2 was gonna be, but I'm sure it was fantastic.
3) July 20th - August 30th. Take a look at the Brewers schedule between these dates. Holy crap. I know the schedule all evens out at the end, and September looks tough....but holy crap! One series against a team over .500. Here are those series' with current team record:
@ Pitt: 36-41
Washington (4 gamer): 22-52
@ San Diego: 33-42
@ Dodgers: 49-28
@ Houston: 36-38
San Diego: 33-42
@ Pitt: 36-41
@ Washington (4 gamer): 22-52
Good lord! That's 8 against the Natty's and 9 vs Pittsburgh, if you're scoring at home. That's some serious Mo' going into the stretch run.
4) Bully. "Our bully runs deep, so deep, so deep it put her butt to sleep..." Sorry, that was stupid. It's deeper than usual with a bunch of guys having career years. Their buttons are correctly being pushed by...
5) ...Kenny Macha. He won't fold up like an accordion at the end of the year like the Brewers last "manager," Neddy Yost. Macha's been there before. By the way, what's Nedly up to these days?
There you have it - done deal. Milwaukee Brewers, 2009 NL Central champs.