Friday, April 3, 2009

ESPN Baseball Preview

It says here that the ESPN "experts" will make their predictions on Sunday. Here's my predictions of Peter Gammons' predictions, if that makes any sense:

AL MVP: Kevin Youkilis, Boston Red Sox
AL Cy Young: Jon Lester, Boston Red Sox
AL Comeback POY: David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox

NL MVP: Manny Ramirez, Ex-Boston Red Sox

AL East Champ: New York Yankees (Just to put all the pressure on them and off Boston)
AL Champ: New York Yankees (Ditto)
World Series Champ: New York Yankees (Ditto)

2 comments:

Rex Jaybels said...

I was flipping through the channels yesterday and when I got to the spot just before ESPN I saw Baseball Tonight was on (I think we've all heard the acronym for the network) and I said to my wife, "I guarantee when I turn the channel they will be discussing the Yankees."

Sure enough, there was Mark Tex's(however the shit you spell it) big melon front and center.

I really am enjoying the MLB Network so far.

kevin said...

After looking at espn predictions this year, and how they dont think the crew have a chance this season gives me more confidence this season could be a success. This is how gammons predicted last year.
-Detroit-central champs (finished 74-88)
-Indians wild card(finished 81-81 i realize they were crushed by injuries)
-Indians over atlanta(72-90)in world series and buster olney was even worse! These guys make yostradomus's bill hall and dick weeks 2008 predictions look good