Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Your Starting Centerfielder for Mexico is...


Some Mexico fans enjoying the Caribbean Series. This is what Matt and I will be wearing to Opening Day.

So, following a spirited game of basketball in the Wednesday Night Engineer's League (the athleticism is off the charts in this league), I come home and decide to settle in and watch some tv. I see there is a bunch of college basketball on, but since the Badgers have hit the crapper, my interest isn't very high right now. So I flip on over to the MLB Network and starting watching a Caribbean Series match-up between Mexico and the Dominican Republic. I figure this should be decent. They go through the line-ups and the one thing that catches my eye is that leading off and playing centerfield for Mexico is....

Jon Weber

Really? I am pretty sure I would have never guessed that Mexico's starting CF is named Jon Weber. Now, I realize that this isn't a national team, but everyone else on the team (at least starting tonight) appears to be of some sort of hispanic heritage. Jon Weber just struck me as strange.

They were showing some highlights and they showed a Nelson Cruz bomb. That is about the only ex-Brewer related news I can pass on. Good day.

11 comments:

Matt said...

Only if I get to be the cow.

Happy cows live in Mexico. Isn't that what the ad campaign says?

Goldy said...

That's cool with me.It means I get to carry around a large plastic mallet.

Anonymous said...

I heard Jon Weber's favorite meal is a burrito with red beans and rice. He qualifies.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who Jon Weber is but, I am sure they could have found some Mexican on the street that's better than him to roam center.

I think we all know where happy cows come from... I've stated that earlier.

You think maybe they're trying to do the Chuck E Cheese's whack-a-mole, only with cows... we'll call it whack-a-heifer.

"when I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!" ~~Ralph

Anonymous said...

"If you didn't eat them, they'd eat you"

Anonymous said...

The food chain video consisted of a Shark picking off a gorilla trying to reach for some bananas in the jungle.

Clown said...

Was Julio Machado pitching?

I heard he was making a comeback.

Matt said...

Goldy, it looks like you also get to wear some orange Chuck Taylor's.

I get Nikes. Shiny Nikes.

Happy cow.

Clown said...

I'm pretty sure I saw the dude with the mallet on Lucha Libre.

Anonymous said...

The Bumblebee from the Simpsons must have better seats.

Goldy said...

Can I get some generic orange Chuck Taylor's?