Corey Hart and the Brewers settled at the midpoint of arbitration figures today, which raises several questions in my mind.
1. Does Goldy hate Corey Hart more than I hate Tim Jarmusz? It's close, in my opinion.
2. Will all of this money go to Corey's head, meaning that he'll start to treat Brewers fans as inferiors not worthy of his respect?
3. As a higher-paid athlete, will Corey begin to develop a strike zone? Or will he feel like he has to expand his strike zone even more, because he's not "up there to walk"?
4. If they were just going to settle at the midpoint, couldn't that have been done in January?
5. If you or I interviewed Corey Hart and Ryan Braun, would they anything other than "obviously" or "definitely"? Something to monitor this year.
"I definitely would be pro-multiyear contract," Hart said. "I would like to be in Milwaukee my whole career if they let me. That's why I reported to camp [before the contract was finalized], because I didn't want to miss any days with those guys. I want to be a part of the team.
"We haven't talked about [a multiyear deal] but when it comes up, I will definitely listen."
So many questions.