Please. NO wild card flag next to this one from '82
Yes, it's rounding into form. Matt has noticed we're only 8 days into the new year, yet a number of thing have gone my way - some expected, some unexpected:
1) The entire Packers defensive staff - K-bye
2) The Vikings lost their playoff game.
3) Jim Powell - K-bye.
4) The public hatred towards the BCS has never been louder.
6) David toppled Goliath (Utah over Alabama).
5) The Little-11 bowl results? Embarrassing.
6) Now, it appears PJ Hill is foolishly entering the draft. That's great! It gives Johnny Clay full-time duties. I'm telling you, this guy's a thoroughbred.
I like 2009. It's my friend. Because I'm greedy, here's a few more things I want to see:
1) The Packers sign an impact defensive free agent.
2) Packers use the #9 pick on either a DT, DE, OT....a CB would work too.
3) My Grand Am with 120,000 miles NOT exploding
4) The Brewers develop bullpen arms through their farm system.
5) The Brewers ridding the "retro" logo. 1982 is over. Move on.
6) Brewers NOT hanging a "wild card" pennant next to the 82 AL Championship flag in Miller Park. Sorry, pennants/banners/flags are made for Division, League, or World Series championships. Sorry, Wild Card winners do not apply.
7) Jim Pashke and John McGlocklin get on the same flight as Powell out of town.
8) Tons of Madness in March.
9) Dom James shoots better than 4-16 in a tourney game.
10) Andre Dawson - Hall of Famer.
11) My truck with 196,000 miles on it NOT exploding. I'm shooting for 300,000.
12) The Bucks move to Las Vegas.
13) Chuckie Hacks overtakes Deadspin as the most popular sports blog on the web.
See, I really don't ask for much.