Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Milwaukee Brewers 2009 Pitching Options

You want to know who the Brewers should target the rest of the off season for pitching? You want to hear opinions? You want amazing analysis? Well Brewers fans, you've come to the right place!

Well...sort of...cause here's a link to that place. 2009 Brewers Pitching.

The fine people over at the Sports Bubbler (Bernie's Crew Blog) are trying to start a bi-weekly report on various questions regarding OUR Milwaukee Brewers. Various Brewer blogs/bloggers will be represented. So check it out...it's good stuff. Chuckie Hacks is representin' somein' fierce!

Management (Brad) has asked me to take control over this little side project (because well...I'm Zeus) although I'm sure the rest of my CH colleagues will take a crack at the answers from time to time.

There's a lot of names thrown around on that round table as far as pitching is concerned...but there's a general consensus that Ben Sheets needs to be brought back...especially if the price is right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts Woz. I think Daniel Cabrerra would be an interesting option but he is all over the place with his control. If he can throw strikes, he is unhittable, but it is rare that he throws strikes. Would have been a great option for the 2005 Brewers. Now, not so much.

D'Amico's one good year said...

Cabrera signed with the Nads, sadly.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that news? I thought for sure it would be all over the ESPN News ticker!

D'Amico's one good year said...

Yeah, real big name. Ha!

Matt said...

Is Juan Cruz still available out of the bullpen? I think he would be a guy to target as a possible closer with his high K rate, though he does walk too many guys.

Todd said...

I'd love to ink Juan Cruz. I think it'd be a great move by Douger.

Who was the dork from the BTB that wrote for the Roundtable?