Tuned into "The Homer" radio show mid-conversation with ex Packer TE and hot tubber Mark Chmura. Homer basically asked which of his ex-teammates was the biggest douchebag. Chewy quickly pointed out Sterling Sharpe and proceeded to hammer on the guy. He did preface it by saying he was a great guy outside of football, but an A-hole in. The highlights:
- Mike Holmgren hated Sharpe. Hated him so much that, even without the career ending neck injury, Chewy believes Sterling wouldn't have been back in Green Bay in 1995.
- One year, Sharpe went the first 11 weeks of the season without practicing. Doctors cleared him to play, but he just didn't want to practice. Holmgren couldn't do anything about it.
- Sharpe refused to sign autographs for his own teammates. He told them to "mail it to my house," instead of signing in the locker room.
- Refused to talk to the local media...only talked when ESPN or FOX came by.
- The capper: In the team meeting the night before opening weekend of 1994 (vs Minny), Sharpe gathered the squad, stood up, and declared he would not play tomorrow without a new contract.
- He also said Jackie Harris was a turd. The Toolbox Ed West and Keith Jackson were great.
There was more, but I was battling traffic and couldn't catch it all. Anybody else hear this? Good stuff...even if the source is Mark Chmura. Insert your own joke here.