Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Prince Needs to Go in Time Out For a Day

I think it's time for Prince to sit out today's game, to think about what he's done. Or hasn't done.

He's just brutal right now. He is slugging .223 (!) with 20 Ks in his last 67 at bats over the past 3 weeks. Batting .179. Those are Craig Counsell numbers. Actually, Craig Counsell scoffs at those numbers.

I like Prince, I really do. But he needs a day off, especially given that the Mets are throwing another lefty out there today.

Give Rivera a start at 1B. Just don't bat him cleanup.

UPDATE:

In today's lineup Rivera is playing 1B and is not batting cleanup. Thanks for reading, Ned.

11 comments:

woziszeus said...

Rivera???

I don't think so...Bob Hamelin baby!

Anonymous said...

I'm ok with that... I like it.

Have to do something we missed another opportunity last night to make up ground on the cubs

Matt said...

I'm guessing Rivera, who bats right handed. I'm trying to think like Ned here.

Anonymous said...

No problem, Matt.

Anonymous said...

Oh no Ned!!! Way to put the curse of the Jew out there today. Doesn't he know that Braun the Almighty can't hit out of the 4 hole?
Maybe we can have CC play first and hit clean-up. The big guy can do just about anything else....

Clown said...

Fatty McTurd pants.

Anonymous said...

Prince Fupa

Don't Panic We Have Leskanic said...

It doesn't really matter who plays first when Bushy gives up a 6 spot in the first. What's the deal with getting swept by contenders?...AT HOME!!!

lofty said...

seriously...the fucking clown is freaking me out a little.

Clown said...

Are you freaked out because I have not made you a balloon animal yet?!

I can also give you a hair cut with my giant scissors and comb.

Anonymous said...

I hate losing.

Damn it.

F*ck. Me.