Friday, August 8, 2008

Billups of the Week - Kenny Perry

Jesus Christ - What a freaking Sally.

"I had got some infection in there and my doctor said that I needed to let my eyes rest by keeping the contacts out," Perry said.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...my eye hurts!!! The doctor says I can't wear contacts!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Seriously, big effing deal. The guy actually withdrew after playing 1 round of the PGA Championship. Granted, he did shoot terrible, but so what? Man the F up, and go back out there today and shoot another 79. Real men take their lumps and miss the cut. Pussies and Billupi WD due to the fact that their eye hurts. It's not like playing golf is going to further damage his eye. It's not like he couldn't play.

This type of stuff bothers me somewhat. If he knew about the "injury" on Tuesday, then why did he even attempt to play? He could have sat out and another pro could have gotten into the field. He just screwed some guy out of a shot at golf's last glory.

In any event, congratulations on your Billups award Kenny. I believe it's his first.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the week he dind't play teh Brisith Open he was a billups too

Anonymous said...

Unrelated questions that have been bugging me lately... In the opinion of my fellow posters and the wonderful hosts of this site-

Is Jeff Suppan an appreciable upgrade over Doug Davis or Tomo Ohka?

Would the Brewers been better off re-signing Cirillo as a utility player this past off-season in retrospect?

Will Capuano pitch for them again?

And finally, why is it every time I look at Jason Kendall I think of the Billy-Bob Thornton guy from Slingblade? Mmmm, Biscuits!

Anonymous said...

What a chump.

Clown said...

No, I would say we were better with David.

Counsell is clutch.

Kendall reminds me of a hobo. with his on again off again beard and the way he holds his bat like there is a hobo sack on the end.

Jason "Hobo" Kendall

Clown said...

Davis, damnit. I have my floppy white clowning gloves on, so it's hard to type.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

Counsell is clutch, yes. That said, I want him to stop taking playing time away from Bill Hall.

I know it's hindsight, but I would have preferred to have kept Davis (and Dana Eveland, too) and let Rivera start last year. Woulda been better than Estra- Ouch, i can't even write his name!

Is it sad at all that I think that Kendall is the best brewers catcher I've ever seen? IMHO, of course.