Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gil Arenas - Not Moving To Milwaukee Anytime Soon

From his blog:

Richard Jefferson going to Milwaukee …. HAHAHA! Oh man, now that is funny. When I heard that, I started laughing. Oh man, did I start laughing. You know why? Because every player hates Milwaukee. Nobody wants to live in Milwaukee. I’m sorry, Milwaukee, to come down hard on you, but no one in the NBA wants to play in Milwaukee. From him going from New Jersey, actually from New York (because he lives in New York), from New York to Milwaukee is like going … let’s just say it’s not going to sit well with you. That was a funny one when I heard that one. I know Yi is happy though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. That is great. I love Gilbert - never afraid to tell it like it is.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gilbert:

Milwaukee is definitely a Football/Baseball/College Sports/Admirals Hockey/Milwaukee Wave town before a basketball town!

Anonymous said...

My only question would be why? He says, "no one wants to play in Milwaukee". Is it because the Owner is a dope? Is it because The good Senator is stingy with his wallet? Is it because there hasn't been a coach worth a damn here since Nellie?

From what I recall Kareem wanted out when he was here not because he hated the owner or the town itself, but mainly because he didn't like the winters.

I think that if the Senator puts a good product out on the court, then Milwaukee will be a great basketball town. No one I know wants to shell out $75-$100 a ticket to see the crap that passes for professional basketball at the BC.

Would Arenas rather go to Detroit? I would argue that the city of Detorit is at least as big of a pit as Milwaukee (actually if you have been there you know it is a bigger hole than Milwaukee) but at least they have a management that knows how to put together a winning basketball team.

Matt said...

DC is a dump, too, if he's just talking about the city.

1/2 of it is historic and beautiful. The other 1/2 requires Kevlar.

If he's talking about the weather, he does have a point in that basketball players have to suffer through the entire winter here. Baseball players just have April to contend with, and football players get to jet in January.

Anonymous said...

True the baseketball palyers have to deal with winter here, but they are on the road half the time.