Friday, June 27, 2008

Ahhhhhh!!! A Bucks Post!

Dare I say it, are the Milwaukee Bucks making smart, interesting, & exciting moves to get people WANT to care about Milwaukee Bucks basketball again? It's a step in the right direction for sure.

We are a WI-sports blog...so let's break it down.

First, they dump the hated Bobby Simmons (Who I'm officially labeling the "Jeffrey Hammonds" of basketball) and a tall Chinese guy who is either 20 or 24 and is scared to play down low for a career 17-5 big man who can bang down low.

Now...I don't claim to know the NBA that well...but this seems like a great move for the Bucks. I'd like to think that if you'd ask any Bucks fan, "Who would you rather have right now...Jefferson or Yi?" they would respond by saying, "Are you crazy? Jefferson!"

Apparently his contract isn't that bad either. Something like $40 million for the next 3 years. Whatever...sounds ok to me.

Then they take the beast that is Joe Alexander from West Virginia in the draft. Awesome. He's going to fit in nicely with the team as the 6th/7th man that can play the 3 or the 4. Here is Bill Simmons' take:
Milwaukee takes Joe Alexander with the eighth pick, a good idea because Bilas thinks he's a "freak of an athlete" and has "freakish athleticism." And if that's not enough, he was born in Taiwan and speaks Mandarini. I like what I'm doing as the new Bucks GM -- I stole Richard Jefferson for a broken-down Bobby Simmons and the Chairman, and I drafted a proven college player with freakish athleticism who speaks Mandarin and gives the state of Wisconsin a white guy to rally around. I'm 2-for-2! YES WE CAN!

So there you have it. Bill likes both the moves the Bucks made yesterday. It appears to be a step in the right direction.

NOW...one more move has to be made. Either Redd or Mo has to go...(or the Senator).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is going to anger the Senator. No more Chinese money flowing into his wallet.