- The Brewers pound out 22 hits in a much needed win last night. Was Counsinino really 7-12? Good job guys, you still suck. Dave Bush is dead to me. Good to see Jenks and Estrada make some noise for the first time in a while. The youngsters are playing well, we NEED the veterans to step it up, and they did yesterday.
- How about the split squad lineup on Saturday? Gross, Miller, Counsinino? I realize Billy, JJ, and Estrada need days off, but isn't today an off day?
- 27-15? That would be the interleague bomb dropped by the AL this weekend on the NL. Not that this is news to anyone, but the AL is the far superior league.
- If these NBA finals are watched by more than about 63 people, I’ll be surprised.
- Finally, some stats and optimism by loyal reader Dan Lorum:
Just for fun, I put together some projected stats based on games played, games remaining in season and current stats.
Ryan Braun: 28 HR, 35 2b, 70 RBI, 140 hits: Look familiar to Prince's rookie year?
Prince Fielder: 59 HR, 40 2b, 130 RBI, 190-200 hits and .295 BA: MVP if Brewers make playoffs?
J.J. Hardy: 40 HR, 30 2B, 117 RBI: Not to bad but he won't keep this pace, Prince will and so will Braun.
The Glue: 28 HR, 22 2b, 77 RBI.
Bill Hall: 16 HR, 35 2b, 64 RBI, 130 K's: Last years Brewer MVP.
Go Brewer's. Keep hope alive. We have been in first place for the majority of the year. We are still 5.5 up on the Cards and 6 games up on the Chubs. We are in first place and we have a home stand coming up where we can get hot again. Live this thing up as much as you can because it could be a long time until we experience this again. This is exciting and we have to stick with the Crew threw the good and the bad (even if Yost is a jag) and if you put everything in perspective right now, it really is not all that bad. Stick with it Brewer Fans. We Are Going To Win The Central Division!!!!!!!!!!! Continue to watch this team every night and give it your all. I know I am even though it could cost me my marriage.