Friday, May 1, 2009

LOL...Tom Gordon

Hey! How bout Tom "Flash" Gordon getting some work in last night? When the Grandpa came in I immediately get a text from Brad to the likes of "WTF?? Tom Gordon? Isn't he like 60?"

Seriously, I have avid memories of playing Final Fantasy in my parents basement on a little 13 inch screen when I was like...12...and having sports highlights in the background of "the veteran" Flash Gordon mowing down the opposition.



Yeah yeah I know...Hoffman is almost the same age. Whatever, I just wanted to put up that badass Final Fantasy picture. But seriously though, Flash made his debut in 1988! That's ridiculous! That's Soviet Union time right there.

Besides Jamie Moyer...he's got to be the longest-tenured active player right? Who are the other Soviet era guys still playing right now?

8 comments:

Matt said...

I, for one, am glad Flash is still in the league. He made a mess of that 7th inning.

Tim said...

When I heard his name on the radio last night, I had to second guess myself. No way I was that the same guy.

Kind of like when you hear a song that you know you heard a thousand times in college only to find out it is a brand new song. Why does my brain get broken so much?

Is it too early to start asking if Dick Weeks is maybe starting to get kind of good (offensively only)?

Anonymous said...

Tom Glavine

garcia said...

Griffey Jr.

Nubs said...

Is Frank Thomas on a roster?

Not so anonymous Jake said...

Randy Johnson

Naked BP in Miller Park said...

Matt Stairs

cobra said...

sheffield? wasn't he on the brewers during that 82 run?