Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Heath Bell - My New Favorite Player

Padres pitcher ripping on ESPN. Says what many fans are thinking. Don't think I've ever heard a player spell it out like this (from TheBigLead):

“I truly believe ESPN only cares about promoting the Red Sox and Yankees and Mets - and nobody else … “That’s why I like the MLB Network, because they promote everybody. I’m really turned off by ESPN and ‘Baseball Tonight.’ When Jake Peavy threw 8 1/3 innings on Saturday, they showed one pitch in the third inning and that was it. It’s all about the Red Sox, Yankees and Mets.”

“I saw John Kruk on ‘Baseball Tonight’ and he said, ‘They’re playing really well, but I don’t believe in them,’ … And I saw ESPN’s promo for tonight’s game. They mention the Mets are opening Citi Field, they mentioned the starting time, but nowhere did they mention the Padres. That gave me the (expletive).”

Take THAT, Karl Ravich!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out what that last sentence says. "That gave me the ()." The only thing I can come up with is, "That gave me the shits." But that makes absolutely no sense.

Goldy said...

Oh, and way to go Heath.

Larry Wayne said...

I havent touched "Baseball Tonight" all year...its been purely MLB Network.

Woz Trenni has looked terrible lately. Whats with that?

lofty said...

What do you mean lately.

garcia said...

I made note of the fact that when the Brewers beat the Cubs in the bottom of the ninth, there was not an article to be found about the cubs pen blowing the lead....however,

when the cubs beat the crew in the top of the ninth, the headline read, Cubs shock Brewers or something to that effect. It's the big market teams that ESPN cares about...plus if you watched the game on sunday, the analysts were terrible. Joe Morgan makes no sense, and the other two kept getting facts all wrong. How hard is it to say Prince instead of Cecil?

Goldy said...

Agree with Larry Wayne on both accounts. I have watched zero Baseball Tonight this season. Last night my wife mentioned she will grow to hate the MLB network by the end of the month. Yah, I watch that a lot.

Also agree that Trenni looked a little rough on some of those 30 clubs in 30 days programs.

garcia said...

Maybe Trenni is on the same "30 clubs in 30 days" program as Alyssa Milano