Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tax Planning at the Winter Meetings

Let's refocus the election talk a little bit, to consider this potential impact that last night's results might have on the baseball world. Free agent players across the country are thinking the same thing this morning:

"Pay Me My Money In 2008!"

"Likely tax increases" will be hitting the rich under Obama, which includes professional baseball players and blog writers (I'm considering my options - as the great Jeffrey Lebowski once said "speaking of which, you think you could give me my $20,000 in cash? My concern, and I've got to check it with my accountant, but this might bump me up into a higher tax bracket.") Therefore, agents might move to get lots of signing bonus money up front and paid prior to the end of 2008.

Now I'm off to do some tax planning.

3 comments:

Clown said...

I have to fit 5 additional clowns into my car to make up for others laziness.

My Circus 401k is not public domain.

Red noses, pink wigs, makeup... This shit ain't cheap. Pretty soon I'm gonna have to steal that stupid fucking grand prize game idea.

Anonymous said...

Grand prize game was awesome. Don't talk shit.

Clown said...

I'm sorry that I ripped on a game created by a self proclaimed "Bozo". What a hack. He wasn't half the clown I am.

How many fucking clowns could he fit in a car?! I've done 37 in a yugo bitch.