Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Old #36 Loves The Current #36


LeRoy Butler with some gushing praise of Nick Collins. Story.

"I think he'll make the Pro Bowl this year," Butler said Tuesday. "And that will make me very happy."

Collins is tied for the National Football League lead in interceptions with four, one more than any other safety. His 171 return yards, which include touchdowns of 42 and 62 yards, lead the NFL.

He was there Sunday when he saw Collins break up a long pass for wide receiver Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts that "blew my mind," according to Butler.

"That play impressed me more than any play I saw in the whole game Sunday," Butler said. "I don't think I ever played with a guy who could have made that play. I don't think I could have."

In another story, the play of Tramon Williams is highlighted. Despite a rash of injuries, the secondary has played well. Collins and Williams have certainly been big reasons why.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That secondary has played out of their minds lately. Good to see Collins and Williams step up. Harris might be a nickel back when he comes back. If Al Harris is your nickel then you have a pretty good group in the secondary.

Anonymous said...

Right on. Bigbie coming back adds even more depth.

Anonymous said...

Christ, I forgot about Bigby too. We're going to need to play a dime defense the rest of the year just to get our best players on the field.

Matt said...

LeRoy Butler is impressed with any safety who can run faster than a guard.