Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Oh, and in response to Goldy's post about whether this season is over, a great Animal House scene immediately came to my mind:

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

Indeed. Let's do it.

3 comments:

woziszeus said...

"We gotta take these bastards..."

I practically base my life around this line.

Joe Steve said...

Games like tonight, this late in the year are why they tossed $42M at Soup, right?!?

Anonymous said...

Tonight is exactly why they threw that dough at him. Win tonight and tomorrow, and my bad feelings will be much less bad. Something other than that, and I may start freeing up all of those days in October I had planned on committing to playoff baseball.