This is the perfect time for a Packers loss. Why?
- Everyone already has it down as a “W”
- It’s a classic “trap” game with Minny last week and Dallas coming to Lambeau in week 3
- Detroit’s home opener…if they don’t play hard this week, they can expect about 12,000 fans/game from here on out.
- GB always struggles at Detroit.
- Woody has a broken toe. Not good when trying to cover Roy Williams and Cal Johnson.
- The NFL is so insanely bi-polar that nothing surprises me…GB beats NFC title contender Minnesota, while Detroit gets routed by the crappyest team football. Easy win, right? Not in the NFL.
As these thoughts are running through my melon, I notice one thing. Remember a Packers linebacker from a few years ago named Paris Lenon? Yeah, he wouldn’t make the Packers team this year. He’d be the 8th LB on the depth chart. Well…Paris Lenon is the starting MLB for Detroit. Not because of injury, because he’s the best middle LB they have. Nuff said. While Matt probably has GB losing by somewhere between 4 and 5 touchdowns, I’ll say:
Green Bay 30, Detroit 20
Speaking of ex-Packers, there’s been a Marquand Manuel sighting. He STARTS in Denver. Good Lord!
UPDATE: Ryan Grant's bum hammy means he might not play. Brandon Jackson ran roughshod over Detroit last year, hopefully we see a repeat performance.