Friday, August 22, 2008

Crawfish Boxes hire Mike Hunt

I find this to be a pretty funny post. I can completely tell where this guy is coming from though. The Astros are pretty much out of the Wild Card race, but within a week, if a couple things break the right way, they could be within shouting distance. It most likely won't happen and this guy concedes that, but as a fan, he is hanging on to any sliver of hope that may remain.

Chanelling his inner Mike Hunt, the writer states:
"Anyways... Yes, we sucked in the last 2 series and yes we're probably not going to make the playoffs... But let's look on the bright side... We could be the Tampa Bay Rays.. wait.. Doh, they are good this year... scratch that. With the loss today, the Astros are back to being 8 1/2 games out of the Wild Card Race...

I'm still an optimist... not an eternal optimist... scratch that... I'm not an optimist... I'm a realist... and the reality is... a 4 game sweep of the Mets and a 4 game losing streak for the Brewers could happen... I doubt it will... but it could. And if that did by some chance happen... we could be 4 1/2 games behind the Brewers."


Mike Hunt would be proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a ramble that I'd go on if the Crew was in the same position... Defeated, yet still hopeful. Actually, that sounds like the majority of my life as a Brewer fan.