Saturday, May 17, 2008

J.J. Hardy Needs to Go

Those who know me know that I have never been a J.J. Hardy fan. The guy can't hit a lick and while he is decent on defense, he has about as much range as I have on the local softball fields, which is little to none. Outside of last May, they guy has been brutal at the plate in his major league career. His 2 ABs today with guys in scoring position have been downright uncomfortable to watch. I would love to find a team stupid enough to trade for him or send his ass to the minors for a while, but the unfortunate thing is, Escobar isn't ready and that means Counsell would be the everyday SS. Ugh. Looks like I'll have to keep puttting up with Hardy.

9 comments:

JamJam said...

JJ's hitting reminds me of when we first called him up and my friends and I waited with baited breath to see if you could hit a ball out of the infield. He does have a good arm at SS, but horrible range. Bring up Escobar, he can't hit any worse than this.

Anonymous said...

There's also a reason Yost went after him last year. I'm no Yost fan, but Hardy's a prima donna. They cannot unload him fast enough. I'd love to see what his offensive humbers are since the All-Star game last year - they have to be abysmal. He had one freaky month or so of power, that's it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet, but if I were I'd move Hall back to SS and call up Branyan for 3B.

Anonymous said...

Totally agreed. Most Brewer "fans" (like the idiots on the JS blog) have very selective memories and with Hardy, his 6 week hot streak last year has given him virtual immunity from criticism. He is awful.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU. People finally seeing the light with JJ. Just because he hit good 13 months ago and women like him, doesnt mean he should get a free pass.

And check out the standings. We're fucking last. With 7 more road games starting tomorrow. Last, below Pittsburgh for shits sake!!!

Anonymous said...

Hall, REALLY, Hall Really he's the good one. Really. Hardy is the problem. And I like Hall.

Anonymous said...

Hardy also came off like a douche earlier this season when he complained about batting 7th, in front of the pitcher. Said he wasn't seeing anything good to hit. Hey, J.J., you can't hit wortha shit, so shut up and take the walks the pitchers are willing to give you.

Anonymous said...

I would like the announcers to mention their weight before their average when the lbs are higher.
I'm looking at you Fielder.
And of course Hall, Weeks, and Cam.

Anonymous said...

JJ Hardy has essentially morphed into Wes Helms...which is not a compliment.