Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pre-Favre QBs: The First in a Series


Wow. Just wow. I always told myself that Favre retiring would not be that big of a deal and that I was ready for the Aaron Rodgers era. Now that that time is upon us and I got to listen to 30 minutes of Randy Cross talking about Favre on NFL Radio on my way in to work, I must say, I don't think I am ready for the Aaron Rodgers era. I would like to see him play a regular season game without getting hurt. We go from a guy who never missed a start to a guy who got hurt in the 2 NFL games he has played in.

But enough about Rodgers right now. We were so spoiled with Favre. Remember some of the crankballers we had at QB pre-Favre? Well in case you don't, I'll post some photos of these winners over the next few days.

Lets start with Anthony Dilweg. Mr. Dilweg, from that football factory Duke University, had his best season with the Packers in 1990, throwing for 1,267 yards, 8 TDs, 7 INTs and fumbling an amazing 10 times in 7 starts. It was also thrilling to be at County Stadium and seeing my grandpa join in the chant of "Dilweg Sucks". Anthony Dilweg did indeed suck. He is now a sideline reporter for Duke football games. That sounds thrilling. Here's to Anthony Dilweg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

The best thing I remember about Dilweg was when he hired a plane to fly one of those banners behind it that said "Play Dilweg". CLASSIC!