Tuesday, May 1, 2007

"...The Dalai Lama, himself."

In honor of the Dalai Lama's upcoming visit to Madison, I bring you....Carl Spackler:

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

For more enjoyment, I urge you to visit this great website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"How'd ya' like to make $14....the hard way?"

MGD Mike said...

It's easy to grin. When your ship comes in. And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, when his shorts aren't too tight in the seat.

Anonymous said...

"I was booorn to love you, I was booorn to lick your face..."