Wednesday, March 7, 2007

You'll Have to Forgive My Friend, He's a Bit Slow...

Oden for Big 10 POY? Come on Chopp. Greg Oden is an excellent defensive player but is at times nothing but a liability on the offensive end (see the last Wisconsin game, for example). They already have an award for game-changing defensive players who can also score a little bit - the defensive player of the year. Tucker absolutely carried an experienced, but not terribly talented, group of players to a 13-3 record in the league and a top-5 rating for much of the year. Every defense is designed to stop Tucker, yet he still scored nearly 20 a game in the conference season. Oden was a key cog on a very talented, young Buckeyes team - not a conference player of the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chopper were you drunk? I have thoroughly enjoyed every article you have written thus far..to the point I cant even contain my excitement when I see a new one posted...however this one was a little hard for me to swallow.

To make up for this, can you please write one about the Worst Free agent signings in Wisco history as a follow up to your worst trades article. After watching the Marrquette V St. Johns game and seeing Anthony Mason plastered all over the place, I thought this would make for some great writing.

By the way is Mason still under contract with the Bucks????

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not sure if I believed my own writing on that one...just tossed it out there to get the Badger faithful riled up. If you were not a Badger fan, it's not totally out of the question, is it?

Did you like the "Mase #2" shaved in Mase Sr's head? That was great. I too was wondering about Mase still on the Bucks payroll.

I do appreciate the good words and I will accept your (or any)requests. Look for the "Worst Free Agent Signing" in the near future.