Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ozzie Guillen Speaks...

...when Guillen speaks, I listen. You never know what's coming. I stole this straight from Deadspin.com. I hope they don't mind.


This might be our favorite quote from him in a while, actually. Guillen was asked, while talking about a past reunion of the 1983 White Sox team, if he thought there would ever be a 20-year reunion of the White Sox 2005 champions. His response was achingly true to life, which is why it was hilarious:

''Those ceremonies -- 'Oh, let's bring back those guys from 2005,' we're all crippled and fucked up, pushing wheelchairs, kids crying because his dad was on the ballclub -- fuck that,'' Guillen said. ''I don't need that bull. A bunch of fat guys, another one is broke. 'Hey, where's your ring?' 'Oh, I don't know, I sold that son of a bitch two years ago.'''

No comments: