Sunday, March 11, 2007

"Cheer, cheer for good 'ol Port High..."

The Port Washington Boys Basketball team is going to state! No, I’m not kidding. And no, I didn’t accidentally write “basketball” instead of “football” or “wrestling.” For those non-Port alumni, this is about the equivalent of the Brewers winning the World Series…it just doesn’t happen. Check that. At least the Brewers came close. Port? Not since that thrilling 24-20 victory over Niagra back in '35 (peach basket me!) have they been this far. “Annual bottom feeder” doesn’t even describe the sorry state of this program for about the last, oh I’d say, 70 years. Being personally responsible for contributing to its crappyness (1994-95), I am now proud to say that I was “program builder” who helped mold it to a state title contender! Ha.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hickory Hickory Hickory

Goldy said...

Port Washington Ass Pirates

Anonymous said...

Chopp, didn't PW go 0 for the season a few years back? According to Dave Ross, former Port and current Cedarburg girl's bball coach and neighbor of Matt, Port has some freshman guard who is the real deal.

Anonymous said...

Real deal freshmam guard??? I bet he ends up playing at Oshkosh.

No but according to JS Online he did take over OT against Pewaukee.

Brad said...

I believe PW did put up a donut season a couple of years after we left. I herd stories how those guys used to prank call Rollie at like 3:00 AM and scream "0-21, 0-21!" Nice.

Brad said...

I might have to attend that game...it's a once in a lifetime event. I'll talley a running script and put it on the blog with plenty of Jerry Pitz, Farns, and Don Prueffer references...

"Christ Pokorski...what are you, Utecht's brother?"

Anonymous said...

"Dont Dribble the Ball Bwill"