Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Anybody Want Steve Francis? Anybody? Hello?

One of my favorite pasttimes - Zeke Thomas bashing!

There are whispers about the Knicks making a play for Cleveland power forward Drew Gooden. Or maybe they'll opt for a small forward along the lines of Milwaukee's Ruben Patterson or Sacramento's Ron Artest. The Knicks would consider trading several players, including Steve Francis. Second-year players Channing Frye and Nate Robinson are also available. The same is true of veteran center Jerome James.-- New York Daily News

Ummm...yeah. I'm sure Steve Francis and Jerome James are available. In fact, I bet the Knicks would trade Steve Francis or Jerome James for me, if the deal worked under the salary cap [Note - it doesn't, unless my employer can throw in about 500 mid-level exceptions].

Steve Francis (2 years left on his deal - $16.4 million in 2007-08 and $17.8 million in 2008-09) hasn't played in months, and Jerome James (4 years, $25 million left on his deal) is averaging 2.5 and 1.7 a game. Yeah, I'd say those two are available. Of course, if Gadzuric is in the conversation, I'm listening...

No comments: